Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Five Things To Remember On March 11



1. The first anniversary of the election of Pope Francis, March 13, is a time to give thanks, said the U.S. bishops’ Administrative Committee, meeting in Washington, March 11-12. The Administrative Committee is the highest ranking body of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops when the bishops are not in plenary session.

2. Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, the USCCB's president, wrote in a blog about the many ways Pope Francis has impacted his ministry.

3. Father Larry Snyder, president of Catholic Charities USA, writes, "For me personally, I feel that I am on a permanent spiritual retreat with the pope. The first thing every morning, I check to see what his homily was about at his morning Mass. What do I find? Inspiration, validation, challenge. Pope Francis gives me these every day. And that shows me the joy of the Gospel. "

4. Check out the creative ways people are taking part in CRS Rice Bowl this Lent and helping those in need.

5. God loves you.

No comments: